The German VW Group is the largest car manufacturer in the world and so it makes the deal with the strongest IT partner in the world.
• Volkswagen and Microsoft will deeply collaborate to accelerate Volkswagen’s digital transformation
• Volkswagen choses Microsoft Azure platform as the foundation for Automotive Cloud and connected car services for its fleet
• Decisive step for Volkswagen in its transformation into a mobility provider with fully connected vehicle fleet
• Volkswagen will establish a new automotive cloud development office in North America and Microsoft will help support its initial development
• The partnership will leverage Microsoft’s expertise and learnings from its own transformation to help define what will make Volkswagen’s Automotive Cloud unique and adaptable globally
Apple as the biggest company in the world is out. It’s still the iPhone company and not able to provide all you need for a highly complex project.
Apple in the enterprise?
We read a lot about this topic but applications are limited to wearables and mobile phones. They simply don’t have the Know How and the infrastructure to be a valuable partner in such big challenges.
Thanks for visiting my blog iNotes4You.