The app Inspiration is for both, creating mind maps and concept maps.
What’s the difference?
Mind Maps are captured visualizations of fairly independent objects gearing for extensions and loosing much of their relevance for people who weren’t involved in the creation process. The tree limb is just connected to the bole.
Concept Maps visualize knowledge of whole systems with interacting elements and logic operations. In contrast to a tree limb objects are connected with basically all other objects like the orbs in the solar system where the gravity and the magnetic and electric fields define the interactions.
Features of Inspiration for iOS
(Inspiration Software Inc., USA)
• Brainstorm new ideas and capture insights
• Analyse information
• Understand cause and effect
• Organize projects
• Organize thoughts and topics for writing
• Take notes
The pros …
• Simple usage because of a perfect UI on an iPad as well as a Plus model of an iPhone
• Diagrams are easy to build and saved instantly
• Diagrams transform to outlines by just a single tap
• Personalization with images, colour, shape, arrow style, and backgrounds
• Using images from the web or the camera roll
• Notes can be attached to any item
• Hyperlinks can be added as floating shapes
• Templates are available after installation
The image shows a concept map I created with Inspiration on my iPhone 6s Plus.
If you’re interested in mind/concept maps read more here
The post contains links to step deeply into the topic.
This app is just one example for a subtle difference between Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. Lots of really great apps aren’t available for Android and if they are there iOS versions are often more powerful.
Thanks for reading.