There is much more sector-specific software available for computers running on Windows than on Macs.
Windows based software cannot be installed on iOS-Devices. But there are several options for using it on an iOS-Device.
You just have to connect both devices with the help of connection software which establishes a secure connection between the devices via internet.
I took a glimpse at the free app versions of these competitors:
TeamViewer GmbH, Germany
- VNC Viewer
RealVNC Ltd., UK
iTeleport Inc., USA
An important criterion for fast and easy usage are the extensions to iPad’s default keyboard.
What you should expect from connection software …
- Encryption for remote usage and file transfer
- Support for different platforms
(Mac, Windows, Linux, VNC + RDP Servers)
- File transfer from and to the remote computer
- Support for iOS dictation
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- A well designed keyboard for all the additional keys which are by default not available on iOS-Devices e.g. F1, Esc, Ctrl etc..
- Optional control via Touchscreen or Mouse pointer
- Support of combined keystrokes like or Ctrl+Alt-Del
- Rebooting the connected computer and establishing a new connection automatically
- Wake-On-Lan support
About the usage …
Remote-controlled working with iPad is not recommended for intense working. But it is a fast and comfortable way to control and manage tasks and to support colleagues without the need of using a laptop. It can be done from anywhere and anytime.
Auditors evaluate mainly enterprises regarding their accounting and internal auditing (risk management, corporate governance, etc.). Mostly away from the office a connection to special software products is indispensable. So iPad with its Retina display is the perfect mobile device to do the job as it more than offsets larger displays.
The winner is TeamViewer because of
- Zero-Configuration except fixing a password
- Stability of the connection
- Clear and customizable outline of connections
- Overview of current connections, partners and menu for connection functionalities
- Support for copying photos directly from the camera roll to your remote computer
Thanks for flying with http://iNotes4You.com.
I hope you will come back soon.